Work Done Over Summer 2009
I really didn’t keep a good log of the work done on the car over the summer of 2009 but the following was completed:
- Freed up the Turbocharger with lots of cleaner and lube in the bearing race
- Pulled the valve cover, blasted and re-painted with wrinkle paint
- Pulled upper and lower intake, media blasted. Painted injector rail and regulator
- Replacement injector harness – old one ate by rats
- New timing belt
- Replacement alternator
- Pulled all pulleys, blasted and painted
- Silver coated “E6” exhaust manifold and turbo outlet, old unit cracked
- Repainted Intercooler
- Pulled, cleaned, checked VAM
- Blasted and painted air cleaner housing
- Cleaned and painted passenger side of engine bay
- Replacement radiator and hoses
- Replacement heater hard lines from THESVOTRUST
- Stainless oil cooler to heater core line
- New cooling fan motor – old one is frozen up
- New water pump and thermostat housing
- New Injector O ring kit
- and more….
Pics of Condition and Updates
Steering wheel pad is in good shape but wheel leather is damaged on top
Fuzzy dash pieces were in bad shape and I bought another somewhat nicer set, still not perfect though.
Interior was a little rough but some cleaning and repainting of the gray made a big difference. Still needs new upholstery but overall not in bad shape for the age and use.
I picked up a bi-wing from the SVO Forum, pricey but required and was in good enough shape.
Inside the valve cover really looked good to me, no major sludge build up.
Unfortunately I wasn’t smart enough to change out the valve seals when it was down this far so more work to do someday.
Valve Cover Re-Paint – Turned out quite acceptable to me – From This:
Good to have this back on the car… Still have to clean up the engine bay and engine and respray things here.